Federal Learning Community: Introduction
Welcome to the Federal Learning Community!
A Community of Practice (CoP) is a group of people bound by a shared interest, purpose or practice.
The Communities of Practice tool has been migrated to OPM's QuickPlace. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
About USALearning's Communities of Practice:
These Community webspaces are designed to allow Community Members, and in some cases non-members, to share ideas and knowledge in several ways including:
- Community Announcements
- Content publishing
- Links to other Community-related sites or content
- Threaded discussions
- Real-time collaborative sessions
Communities of Practice:
- Increase information flow across boundaries.
- Prevent "reinventing the wheel".
- Fill in the gap between formal training, policies and procedures and how members really work or interact.
- Are more flexible than "formal" networks.
- Are one of a very few ways to share "tacit" knowledge and know-how.
- Foster continuous learning cultures that, in turn, foster creativity and innovation.